Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Biscuit Boys coverage

Go down 
+3
NSR
Azem
Dan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan

Biscuit Boys coverage Empty
PostSubject: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 3:59 am

Finally we've had some coverage. Regular listeners of the 'Reading Football Fancast' will have heard Alan and Paul discussing my email on this weeks Podcast, if not then visit http://podcasts.footballfancast.com/reading_fancast/ to catch up. This has been a major step in our campaign to get the message out and beyond Hob Nob.

Their thoughts on our plan were very positive and encouraging, hopefully this will evourage yet more people to join us in GU1. Certainly Alan and Paul are convinced about the idea and will be joining us on Good Friday, possibly with some recording equipment for a future feature on their Podcast.

I've still had no feedback from the local media as of yet so I may need to chase them later in week. We still need more coverage so please help spread the word. If you have any ideas how we can make build our public profile further please let me know, maybe a leaflet handout to more vocal supporters spotted in the stadium???
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 7:40 am

hey Dan hows it going i just listened to the podcast myself i think the guys did a good jub promoting the idea as they said they are going to email it to there mailing list which will get a few more lads over with us im goin to ring up the ticket office today and hopefully i wil have my seat ready by this evening

Azem
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 am

Following an initial contact email I sent to the local media last Wednesday, I have had our first reply! I've been asked to contact a reporter from the Reading Evening Post regarding our ideas. I will of course be calling the chap first thing tomorrow morning and hopefully he can give us some fantastic coverage!

This idea is building pace all the time and is a very exciting project to be envolved in. Much thanks to everyone's effort so far. Remember to spread the word tonight!
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 10:57 am

have you spoken to the reporter from the Evenin Post? if you have, is it going to be reported into the newspaper Question
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 am

GU1-Royal wrote:
have you spoken to the reporter from the Evenin Post? if you have, is it going to be reported into the newspaper Question

I will be contacting him first thing tomorrow morning so I can dedicate as much time as he needs. I will of course report back with any feedback and possible publication dates.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 7:08 am

I've just made contact with Reading Evening Post reporter Jonny Fordham. We had an indepth chat regarding our GU1 ideas and the future of the Biscuit Boys. He is very supportive of the ideas as a season ticket holder himself and is looking to put together a piece for the paper. He will require their photographer to take a photograph of a few of us before the game this Saturday, can I ask for any volunteers to make themselves known to me.

Jonny will be calling me back this afternoon with an update. I will of course keep you all updated.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 12:44 pm

hey Dan im for it along with my mate aswell deffo just give us a time and place to meet and ill be there im the tall guy that wears a readingfc hoodie and has a bit of a dodgy hair cut lol and my mate will be there he is the short chunky guy that wears a white woolie hat lol

let me no times and illbe there

Azem
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 4:58 pm

This afternoon I confirmed the arrangements for the photoshoot on Saturday. The Reading Evening Post will be sending a Photographer down to the Mad Stad to take a picture for the piece they will be running on us. For those who are available please meet at Gate 7 outside block Y19 of the east stand just before 2pm.

We need a good turn out for this to help convince others to join, so feel free to bring your friends along.

I've been thinking about having a banner made up, but its far to late to get one ready for this Saturday. Any ideas for the photoshoot are most welcome.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 5:03 am

ok ok so just before 2pm on saturday outside gate 7 y19? ill be there dan with my mate as well.

Azem
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:10 am

Just to finalise the plans for tomorrow afternoon's photoshoot. I will be outside gate 7 of the east stand from 1.45pm. You will recognise me as I will be displaying this banner, please come and introduce yourself and join me in the photo. The more fans we can get invovled the better and more appealing this will look. The Evening Post photographer will be there at 2pm so we will have plenty of time for a chat and a beer before kickoff.

Hope to see you all there and I look forward to meeting you all!

Biscuit Boys coverage Bbflag10
Back to top Go down
Winch

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:14 am

Nice banner, how big is it, and how much did it cost?

I was thinking of doing a banner in honour of Sir Steve Coppell's 1000
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:22 am

Winch, I bought the plain white flag at Walls Carnival Store in Caversham, it's 5"x3" and cost £5.50. I took this along to Cavaliers printers (now located on the Oxford Road) and they charged me £35 for the printing!

Any contributions towards our first banner are most welcome! Wink

A 1000 matches banner would be a superb idea for the GU1 day. Let me know if you plan to get one made up.
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:28 am

Dan wrote:
Winch, I bought the plain white flag at Walls Carnival Store in Caversham, it's 5"x3" and cost £5.50. I took this along to Cavaliers printers (now located on the Oxford Road) and they charged me £35 for the printing!

A 1000 matches banner would be a superb idea for the GU1 day. Let me know if you plan to get one made up.

Dan, shall i bring my one along as well?
Back to top Go down
Winch

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:31 am

Dan wrote:

Printing on a bedsheet gets you a big flag, and a nice tin of emulsion and a few hours can get you a really neat flag if you're an artistic type.

On the cheap mind, you don't get massive quality, but it's more the point being made, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:08 am

RoyalshowEd wrote:

Do you mean bring your banner along to tomorrow's photoshoot or GU1 day?
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 pm

Dan wrote:
RoyalshowEd wrote:

Do you mean bring your banner along to tomorrow's photoshoot or GU1 day?

both
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 pm

I think the "Come and join the Biscuit Boys" banner will suffice tomorrow. I think this will get our message across clearly and won't confuse the image.

However you should definately bring your Coppell banner upto GU1, it will look awesome if we can get as much colour up there as possible!
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:52 pm

guys great banner im so excited for tomorrow now!!! i was thinking to today about getin a flag made in blue white strips and then on it saying....

Born READING FC
Live READING FC
Die READING FC

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Azem wrote:
guys great banner im so excited for tomorrow now!!! i was thinking to today about getin a flag made in blue white strips and then on it saying....

Born READING FC
Live READING FC
Die READING FC

what do you think?
I like it.
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Alex wrote:
Azem wrote:

Born READING FC
Live READING FC
Die READING FC

what do you think?
I like it.

do it! Yeah move anywhere in the second row really.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Dan wrote:
Just to finalise the plans for tomorrow afternoon's photoshoot. I will be outside gate 7 of the east stand from 1.45pm. You will recognise me as I will be displaying this banner, please come and introduce yourself and join me in the photo. The more fans we can get invovled the better and more appealing this will look. The Evening Post photographer will be there at 2pm so we will have plenty of time for a chat and a beer before kickoff.

Hope to see you all there and I look forward to meeting you all!

Biscuit Boys coverage Bbflag10
Me and my 2 mates can come.
My dad will probably come along too lol.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:31 pm

right im gonna doit for the 10th april sorted this is quality guys everyday i come on here and get more and more excitedby this

Biscuit Boys here we come!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:30 am

Many thanks to the lads who turned up to the photoshoot on Saturday. It was fantastic to put a few names to faces and meet you.

I'm informed that the article will be in today's edition of the Evening Post and it will be in the shops from 12pm. I'm hoping that the photographer will send us copies of the pictures he took for our website and I will alos scan the article and publish it on here.

Yesterday saw the latest installment of Reading Football Fancast give our website a shout-out and encouraged more people to get behind the Biscuit Boys. The Podcast can be downloaded on iTunes or from here http://podcasts.footballfancast.com/reading_fancast/. Please support this Podcast as it is well worth a listen and is kindly assisting in spread the word!
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:35 am

Reading Evening Post wrote:
Mad Stad Kop bid to spur Royals on

Biscuit Boys coverage Bicuit11
Dan Maskell, centre, wants supporters to get behind the Royals and create a Kop-like effect at the Madejski Stadium

An avid football fan wants to create a Kop-effect at the Madejski Stadium to help spur the Royals back into the Premiership.

Dan Maskell, from Spencers Wood, has formed a fan group called the Biscuit Boys and hopes to get together a loud and colourful group of supporters to sit behind the goal in the North Stand.

The 25-year-old firefighter wants to transform the stand to rival the five times European Champions Liverpool’s famous Kop at Anfield and wants those keen to join in an experiment at the Sheffield United match on Saturday, April 11.

He said the Southbank experience at Elm Park made him fall in love with the Royals some 16 years ago but the atmosphere at the Mad Stad was yet to match it.

“Even if the quality of football was poor, the Southbank hordes kept me coming back,” he said.

“The discussions for doing this started on Hob Nob Anyone? [fans website] and it would be great to get a few thousand loyal and loud supporters huddled together spurring the team to victory with a wide array of encouraging, witty and entertaining chants.

"Sadly thousands of fans are happy to sit on their hands waiting to be entertained by the boys out on the pitch, rather than pro-actively back the boys from kick-off.”

He said: “We need a concentration of loud and vocal supporters in part of the stadium, in the hope of evolving the atmosphere and then encouraging others to join in.

“While we recognise that block Y26 of the East Stand already does a decent job and the North Stand and Y19 occasionally get animated, the singers are spread out around the stadium.”

Mr Maskell wants those interested to join him for the home match against the Blades and change their seats to GU1 in the Upper West Stand.

The passionate season ticket holder added: “Ideally we’d love to see the vocal contingent location in the North Stand have the Kop-effect and suck the ball into the net when our boys attack it. We are trying our best to positively encourage a boost in atmosphere to help back the boys to Premiership promotion.

“By moving seats and joining us in GU1 for the one match we will get an idea of the number of supporters wanting to get involved in a group that wants to vocally and visually back the team for 90 minutes.”

To get involved with the Biscuit Boys visit www.biscuitboys.co.nr or join in the discussions on www.royals.org.

Here's the article lads! I think Jonny Fordham has done us justice here and its a fantastic write up and great coverage for us. Lets hope this goes some way to boosting our numbers!

Here's the link to the Reading Evening Post's website http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2047065_mad_stad_kop_bid_to_spur_royals_on
Back to top Go down
Westie

PostSubject: Hi all   Biscuit Boys coverage EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:33 pm

Hello everyone firstly I'm Westie from the Reading Football Fancast. I hope we have helped with the campaign and we will continue with this up until the game. When Paul and I spoke to Dan we said we would bring some recording equipment with us . Well an update on that is we will bring an Mp3 recorder so that we can interview Dan before game and just record the chanting and singing during the game . To help us to spread the word please tell your friends about Podcast and Email into show so that we can keep you all involved with the shows. After all the Podcast is for you.

Cheers again
Westie

West.williamsfancast@googlemail.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.footballfancast.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biscuit Boys coverage   Biscuit Boys coverage Empty

Back to top Go down

Biscuit Boys coverage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next