Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Publicity for the campaign

Go down 
+4
Dan
NSR
Azem
readingroyalscott
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
readingroyalscott

readingroyalscott

Publicity for the campaign Empty
PostSubject: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:03 am

Im aware that the Wokingham paper have made an article about this.

Just asking before I text in to any radios on matchday ....

Have we tried the following:

BBC Radio Berkshire

Reading 107 fm

Finally is there any other things that could give us more publicity

Announcement on the P.A system

Scoreboard

Matchday Programmes

Let me know

I am willing to text in to the radios etc

Although I believe people like Dan who organized this will probably know more people or are in contact with more Reading assosiated people at the Mad Stad

Anyone got any views on this?
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:28 am

from what i knoiw mate most has been done already....
best person is to speak to dan as like you said he will know more about it but i know alot of them have been done already
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:35 am

i texted reading 107 last night and nothing was read out. i shouldn't bother with them Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:05 am

I emailed the local media when we first created the campaign. The Evening Post have been very supportive and did a fantastic job with the article. I've had no reply from the Reading Chronicle so will have to chase them up this week. Reading 107fm want to interview me and I need to get back to them to set this up. Meanwhile I've had no reply from BBC Radio Berkshire, even though I emailed Tim Dellor directly.

I will be looking to get live on air with BBC Radio Berkshire and give Mr Murty a call during his Monday morning phone-in.

We have no more home games until Good Friday so I won't contact the PA or scoreboard team as theres no point. STAR gave a whole page write up in the Charlton programme and that has given us good coverage.

readingroyalscott wrote:
Im aware that the Wokingham paper have made an article about this.

Was this coverage in this weeks edition? I've not seen it, please elaborate!
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:57 am

which murty phone in will that be? also, will reading 107 be putting what you say onto the royal box?
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 pm

what station will the murty phone in be on? and hat time? as i would like to listen to it
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:33 pm

Murty is on the Andrew Peach Show on BBC Radio Berkshire every Monday morning from 8 until 9. I beleive there is a Podcast that can be downloaded every week with highlights of the show.

I'm not sure exactly what Reading 107 want to do on us. I will be calling them tomorrow to make contact and arrange a date. I will of course report back!
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:41 pm

and what frequency is bbc radio berkshire?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Azem wrote:
and what frequency is bbc radio berkshire?

It's on 104.4fm. It's a bit of an golden oldies station, but the RFC coverage on matchdays and Murty's Monday mornings are quite entertaining!
Back to top Go down
Westie

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:44 am

Dan you have done a great job so far as i said it is very difficult to get publicity for something like this as most of the local media are very reluctant to do anything they think could upset the club. i was thinking this week on FootballFancast we will open up the debate on a Song for Reading. I've seen some of the suggestions and they are really good. The best publicity you will get is if there is a good turn out and we all really get behind the team against Sheffield. Believe me if that happens everyone will want to talk to you. The key is keep it Friendly and make it loud.

Westie
Back to top Go down
http://www.footballfancast.com
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Westie wrote:
Dan you have done a great job so far as i said it is very difficult to get publicity for something like this as most of the local media are very reluctant to do anything they think could upset the club. i was thinking this week on FootballFancast we will open up the debate on a Song for Reading. I've seen some of the suggestions and they are really good. The best publicity you will get is if there is a good turn out and we all really get behind the team against Sheffield. Believe me if that happens everyone will want to talk to you. The key is keep it Friendly and make it loud.

Westie

Westie are you gonna me moving to GU1 so give us a hand? i was just looking at the tickets for GU1 and we only need a couple more people to get 2rowsand to me that is a massive achecievment of cousrse like newcastle said they only had 10 to start off with....we've got about 25 already and we not even at the game yet.....

Maybe I didnt treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didnt love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my mind

BISCUIT BOYS!!!
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:30 pm

Azem wrote:
Westie wrote:

Westie

Westie are you gonna me moving to GU1 so give us a hand? i was just looking at the tickets for GU1 and we only need a couple more people to get 2rowsand to me that is a massive achecievment of cousrse like newcastle said they only had 10 to start off with....we've got about 25 already and we not even at the game yet.....

Maybe I didnt treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didnt love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

I will be drunk enough to start singing along to this if someone starts it!

BISCUIT BOYS!!!
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:31 pm

I will be drunk enough to start singing along to this if someone starts it!
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:49 pm

lol fair play to mate im up for might aswell give it ago havent we dont see why not?

im just tying to learn it incase some one does lol
Back to top Go down
Westie

PostSubject: Hi all   Publicity for the campaign EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 7:58 am

As i said we recorded the latest Football Fancast yesterday. You should be able to downloaded it via ITunes if not the link is http://podcasts.footballfancast.com/player/?p=5218&e=296422 or just visit www.footballfancast.com and find the Reading link. I hope you enjoy the show . We had a bit of a laugh with it so get yourselves involved and lets keep this campaign up right until the Sheffield game.

Cheers all

Westie
Back to top Go down
http://www.footballfancast.com
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:40 am

what media will be at gu1 on the day of the game Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 1:24 pm

how about creating a you tube video, or a google video something like that. to reach out to the you tube audience? Question
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 4:55 pm

NSR wrote:
how about creating a you tube video, or a google video something like that. to reach out to the you tube audience? Question

that would be a good idea!!! deffo im up for it?
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:08 am

biscuit boys got a breif mention on BBC radio berks this morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:00 pm

NSR wrote:
biscuit boys got a breif mention on BBC radio berks this morning Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What time? You can listen again on the bbc iplayer!
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:53 am

NSR wrote:
what media will be at gu1 on the day of the game Question Question Question Question Question

The Evening Post reporter will be sitting in GU1 along with his photographer and a video camera. They will be running articles nearer the game and will also do a review of how we got on, take some pictures and get some video footage for the website.

Alan and Paul from the Reading Football Fancast will be joining us armed with sound recording equipment to run interviews and record our chants.

Should all be great fun!
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:04 am

RoyalshowEd wrote:
NSR wrote:

What time? You can listen again on the bbc iplayer!

The brief mention was featured on the weekly Murty Podcast. See below for a transcript.

Andrew Peach: Alan says “Murt's, what a great idea for the fans to do this Kop effect at the next home game. It worked at Elm Park so why can't it work again? Hurry up when are you back? Disappointing news for you then. So this is the idea about making the Mad Stad like Anfield. Is that the idea?

Graeme Murty: Um, apparently. I think we need to make the Mad Stad sound like the Mad Stad. And make it feel...

AP: Oh you're so corporate!

GM: No I do! We had a chat at the awards last night. There were loads of people. People in charge of crowd control, the programme and our chief Executive was there. And we're all chatting about the Stadium and player's feedback. And the thing everyone seems to come back to is taking ownership of the stadium and making it ours. Rather than mimicking anyone else I'd like it to be ours and be the very first Mad Stad and for people to copy us.

AP: Right so forget about trying to be Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge. It's the Mad Satd we should be happy and proud of that.

GM: Yeah, we should be happy and proud of that, never mind anyone else. We're not going to try and mimic someone else. OK lets look at what they do and say that's fantastic. We're going to put our twist on it!

AP: John in Sandhurst says “re: this Kop idea. Not copying anyone it's just describing it in a way that journalists can understand. The idea of getting noisy supporter's together in one area”.

GM: Yeah. I've always been a believer in the the 'that bunch over there are singing louder than my bunch over hear, so let's and out sing them' idea. Rather than putting everybody into one little bit. Unless that's what people, unless people want just that bit to be noisy and the rest of the people just sit and watch politely and quietly. I don't know!

So not really overwhelming support from Murty. I think I shall call the phone in on Monday and try to make our ideas a bit more clear for him!
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:52 am

does anyone no if reading 107 said anything yesterday about the b boys?
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:27 am

a quick question for dan, will he be ringing up BBC R Berks in the Graeme murty with andrew peach thing?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 2:22 pm

NSR wrote:
a quick question for dan, will he be ringing up BBC R Berks in the Graeme murty with andrew peach thing?

I will try my best to give them a ring. I have a busy day tomorrow, alot to do at home. Will try my best to get on there! Expect more info tomorrow morning!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Publicity for the campaign   Publicity for the campaign Empty

Back to top Go down

Publicity for the campaign
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biscuit Boys :: Come and join us in GU1-
Jump to: