Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who's in then?

Go down 
+9
DaveS
Rollinrollinrollin
RoyalshowEd
Jez Tursehat
Azem
Chris
madreadingfan
Alex
Dan
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

Who's in then? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:48 am

When is Azem moving his seats?
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 5:31 pm

hopefully tomorrow now i have been very busy with uni this week but im gonna do it in the morning without faill hopefully they will let me now! everything seems to be moving nicely at the mo!
i was reading all the other post about maybe advertising in the match day programme also dan is going to speak to the evening post tomorrow so hopefully the biscuit boys will become a recognised fan club if that is the write term to use.

p.s im deffo gonna move my seat tomorrow i promise lads!!!!
Back to top Go down
DaveS

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:39 am

Just called the ticket office and was told I could only do this if I was taking a friend along. I've had this from two people there now.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:49 pm

DaveS wrote:
Just called the ticket office and was told I could only do this if I was taking a friend along. I've had this from two people there now.

Dave, your not alone. I've received a similar comment Azem asking if he could move his seat. I'm sure this can rectified between us, STAR and the ticket office. They no doubt are not aware of what we are trying to achieve.

However don't fret, I am emailing our contacts at STAR and will be seeking advice on how to address this situation. Many thanks for making me aware, I will of course report back.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm

Dan wrote:
DaveS wrote:

Dave, your not alone. I've received a similar comment Azem asking if he could move his seat. I'm sure this can rectified between us, STAR and the ticket office. They no doubt are not aware of what we are trying to achieve.

However don't fret, I am emailing our contacts at STAR and will be seeking advice on how to address this situation. Many thanks for making me aware, I will of course report back.
This is wierd, my friends have moved there seats without buying for other people, with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:05 pm

I've emailed STAR regarding the ticket office's ridiculous policy on moving seats. I will await a reply until we act further. They will no doubt have better contacts within the club to rectify this and they have already given us their full backing. I will keep this thread updated.

Dan wrote:
Dear Paula and Jon,

Our plans of moving to GU1 for the Sheffield United fixture is being scuppered by the ticket office. While twelve people have already moved their seats with no such hassles, recently supporters wishing to do so have been blocked by the ticket office staff. They are insisting that anyone wanting to move their seat for this fixture must also buy a ticket for a friend and sit next to them.

So at this point in time I'm not sure where to turn. Obviously STAR have closer contacts within the club to enquire if this restriction can be lifted for people wishing to join us in GU1 to back the boys. Can you forsee a method of taking this to the club and getting a positive result? I have a list of people wanting to move their seat to get involved, however the ticket office are making this difficult.

I was planning on posing an enquiry to the ticket office tomorrow as a casual request to move my seat for this fixture to see what the standard reply would be. Should I continue in this persuit or await your response?

I have arranged for the Evening Post to take our picture on Saturday outside the ground and run a report next week on our plans. This I'm sure will be very embarrassing for the club if people are subsequently blocked from moving to GU1 after I've already had no objections from the RFC customer services department!

I look forward to your reply and count on your assistance.

Regards,
Dan Maskell

P.S. FAO Jon; many thanks for the excellent coverage you gave us in the matchday programme. It is very much appreciated and I'm sure will go a long way to spreading the word.
Back to top Go down
DaveS

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Ok cool. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:43 pm

hey guys ok so someone had problems as well i was hoping of moving my seat tomorrow as uni commitments have stopped me doing so!!! i will wait for a reply from star to you Dan and then go from there if not iill speak to you on saturday and we can arrange something?

are sill meeting on saturday 2pm at gate 7 y19?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Azem wrote:
hey guys ok so someone had problems as well i was hoping of moving my seat tomorrow as uni commitments have stopped me doing so!!! i will wait for a reply from star to you Dan and then go from there if not iill speak to you on saturday and we can arrange something?

are sill meeting on saturday 2pm at gate 7 y19?

Yep, the plan is to meet at gate 7 just before 2pm on Saturday. I will depserately be trying to get some sort of Biscuit Boys banner made up tomorrow, so you may recognise me by that. If not I'll let you know who I am.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:51 pm

lol that would be good do you know how many of us are actually turn up? me and my friend are no problems so that 3 of us lol as soon as you get a reply from star let me no coz i really need to move my seat before its to late!!
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 pm

I have a fair few people all ready on board for the photo. Would be ideal to have as large group as possible so is anyone else out there interested in getting their mug in the Post?

I will of course give you all an update on the ticket office situation ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 2:03 pm

lololol ok cool at this moment in time i am trying to promote us on HNB before i go to do some uni work....i hate uni work!!!!

this is really working out Dan Fair play to you!!!!!!

Azem
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:59 am

This morning I've had a reply from STAR, who I must say have been excellent in providing support for our plans. After speaking to customer services it is clear that those of us who have already moved their seats should not have been able to do so. The ticket office's policy on moving seats is "You can change your season ticket seat ONLY if you are buying tickets for other people and you want to sit with them. The other people must have the required number of Royalty points for the game. Contact the Ticket Office at least seven days in advance of the match."

Therefore STAR have contacted Jackie Evans (customer services manager) to enquire about a resolution for the Sheffield United fixture. I would hope that OUR football club can accomodate our needs and enable people to move freely to GU1. As soon as I have news on this I will update you all.

If you are planning on trying to move your seat today it may be an idea to hold fire until we get a reply from both the club and STAR.
Back to top Go down
DaveS

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:30 am

I don't think I can make it there for 2pm (uni commitments too) so I'll have to pass on this. I'll keep an eye out for this in the Post too.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:35 am

thats a shame well we will do our best without you mate?

Dan have you heard anything back from star regarding the moving our seats?
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 am

I've had a update from STAR and we have a result! Paula from STAR has been in negotiatioins with the customer service manager Jackie Evans and she has agreed that they will permit people to move their season ticket seats to GU1 for the Sheffield United fixture as a one off. Please read the email below very carefully as we much make sure we are on our best behaivour, sure we can make noise but must abide by the stadium rules.

Paula from STAR wrote:
Right Dan,

I have spoken to Jackie and understand a little more the problems involved.

Having just composed a long email explaining them all I have just had another call from Jackie to say that after consulting other senior managers they have decided that they will waive that rule for the Sheffield Utd game only. Take it from me, having heard some of her reservations that is a real result.

So you can go ahead, but she asks that you respect the people who do sit up there (many choosing it because it is quieter to watch the game). That doesn't mean keep quiet as she knows why you are there but don't get into arguements with either fellow Reading fans (you know the sort who want to sit at away games often with good personal reasons) or with Sheff U fans who may very well be in the executive boxes below (and our Wolves experience means we know just how unpleasant that can be).

I suspect that the favour we are asking for will not be repeated if it is abused. I know you have little control especially if you get a good number but can you pass the word?

And a warning anyone who has been moved rather than be banned will not be able to move (a certain number of Y26 have been moved lower down the stand and they will be staying there).

As an aside do you know if any of those who have already got their ticket are season ticket holders as the TO manager is talking of conducting an inquiry to see who has not been flouting the rules - and I would like to stop anyone in the TO getting into trouble unnecessarily?

Glad to be of help

Paula
STAR

With STAR's fastastic support we can now go ahead and get as many people on board as possible. My personal thanks go to STAR and Paula.
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:46 am

I moved my season ticket next to a match ticket bought in GU1,so thats three seats ( four in total) that were moved in line with the ticket offices policy.
Back to top Go down
DaveS

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:48 am

I've just called and it all went through smootly. Thanks Dan, and the others!

I'm in LL24
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 9:01 am

DaveS wrote:
I've just called and it all went through smootly. Thanks Dan, and the others!

I'm in LL24

Well done mate.So glad to get off 12. Now that the ticket office thing is sorted out we should be able to really up the numbers.Whole of the second row by next week anyone?
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 4:00 pm

quality lads im moving my seat tommorrow after the photoshoot!!!! cant wait where houl i get my ticket i know in GU1 but what row maybe 2nd from back and smack bang dead in the middle!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DaveS

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 5:06 am

The ticket office people suggested row LL had people in. Also from reading on here there's row KK too
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 am

rught lads it was nice toout the face to the name today for the pic!! i finally got my ticket for 10th april im the guy who has got tickets in row kk seat 0017 and 0018 right in the middle!!!

today was a load of crap again cant believe ohhh and no atmosphere!!!
Back to top Go down
matt

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:28 am

hi everyone

I'm 18 and never got to experience the famous 'south bank' atmosphere, however I've often been annoyed at the lack of noise as well as passion at our home games. I thought it was a pipe dream to try and get an area of the stadium to be our equivalent of the kop, Holte end or the bobby moore stand, but you lot are doing a good job at trying!!

I think that the fact you want to move to GU1 will put people off, due to the west stand's view as quiet and family/upper class orientated. I'll talk to my mates and try and get a few of us to move seats.

Keep up the good work, for this to be effect it needs at least 100 I would say. Preferably a lot more!
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:31 am

matt wrote:
hi everyone

I'm 18 and never got to experience the famous 'south bank' atmosphere, however I've often been annoyed at the lack of noise as well as passion at our home games. I thought it was a pipe dream to try and get an area of the stadium to be our equivalent of the kop, Holte end or the bobby moore stand, but you lot are doing a good job at trying!!

I think that the fact you want to move to GU1 will put people off, due to the west stand's view as quiet and family/upper class orientated. I'll talk to my mates and try and get a few of us to move seats.

Keep up the good work, for this to be effect it needs at least 100 I would say. Preferably a lot more!

100? how many mates do you have.
Back to top Go down
NSR

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:51 am

i need to move my seat still. haven't got round to it. count 2 of us in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's in then?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biscuit Boys :: Come and join us in GU1-
Jump to: