Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who's in then?

Go down 
+9
DaveS
Rollinrollinrollin
RoyalshowEd
Jez Tursehat
Azem
Chris
madreadingfan
Alex
Dan
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Feel free to sign up to this forum to discuss ideas and new members. Please use or at least refer to your real name when you register a username so we know who we are talking to. This will make future public meetings easier to conduct.

So far we have eleven people commited to the cause. I will be posting updates on numbers and also reponses from the local media in due course. So far the Reading FC Fancast have indicated they will give us some much needed coverage in their upcoming Podcast. These Podcasts are very entertaining and highly recommended.

So, who's in? Where are you moving from? And what seat have you taken?
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:13 pm

In! with at the moment 5 people moved.

3 more moving tomorrow.

4 of us have moved our seats from Y25, and have used the half price offer to get 4 more along as well.
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Oh and we've got seats 18,19,20,21,22 at the moment in row LL.
Back to top Go down
madreadingfan

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:25 pm

oops i used my username from hobnob sorry
but yeah im in obviously because the atmosphere at madejski is crap lol im moving from the east stand y26 and my mates are moving from the north and may be some from east
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:28 pm

madreadingfan wrote:
oops i used my username from hobnob sorry
but yeah im in obviously because the atmosphere at madejski is crap lol im moving from the east stand y26 and my mates are moving from the north and may be some from east
You can change your username on here, just go to profile.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Alex wrote:

I've got seats 20-22 (Y)
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 12:39 pm

Chris wrote:
Alex wrote:

I've got seats 20-22 (Y)
Woooo
Back to top Go down
Dan

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Wow, I'm really pleased with our progess so far. To think we only went public with our ideas on Monday and so four days later we have 12 members confirmed. Initially I was hoping for a turnout of between 20 and 30 people, however I think we may well surpass this figure! Here's hoping!

I've had no reply from the local media as of yet so I will be chasing them next week to get much needed coverage. Keep on spreading the word lads, good commitment so far shown by all.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 am

Alright guys its Blue_white_blood here this is coming along nicely! hopefully more people will join in and create something exciting for the club, im moving my seat tomorrow with my mate so will be committed by 12pm saturday
we still need to speard the word?
on HNB some stated about a group of fans on ONA that would be intrested in joing us does anybody know this this or where they are lol

come on lads we are real supporters no spectaters!

Azem
Blue_white_blood
Back to top Go down
Jez Tursehat

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 6:43 am

Hi there. I'm definitely in!

By the way Azem I think he means OAE which is the reading rivals site.

I might make a flag if anyone's got any suggestions on what to put on it?
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 am

Azem wrote:
Alright guys its Blue_white_blood here this is coming along nicely! hopefully more people will join in and create something exciting for the club, im moving my seat tomorrow with my mate so will be committed by 12pm saturday
we still need to speard the word?
on HNB some stated about a group of fans on ONA that would be intrested in joing us does anybody know this this or where they are lol

come on lads we are real supporters no spectaters!

Azem
Blue_white_blood

I don't understand it really but GeneralB on hob nob is being completely tongue in cheek about the people from off at eleven. Something about a disabled firm wearing jester hats.i don't know or care tbh really.Anyway glad to see all the involvement.
Back to top Go down
Rollinrollinrollin

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:46 am

I'd be there, but someone would have to carry me up the stairs.

My three wheeler is a bit like the old daleks.

Doesn't do stairs.

Is there a ground floor option?

And if someone could chant on my behalf I would very grateful, because since the laryngectomy, shouting

"Blarmy" has proved troublesome, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 pm

oh OAE i went on there just come across it and they all laughing about this idea oh well who cares i dont im in until the end As my Reading shirt says READING TILL I DIE!

im moving my seat tomorrow morning but 9 am ish so that will be two more people!!!!
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:43 pm

sorry one more thing i was some one posted on HNB about a flag on away days? i was thinking about this today when i was working at B&Q (i hate that place!) if this goes well and we get good reaction from it maybe we should organize the same thing for away days? a group of us going to away games doing exactly the same thing we plan to do on friday 10th, now my personal view is that as fans we are much better away then at home! but if we could do this at away games as well we would be doing something very different and create a real blue and white army! and we would be making a name for ourselves as the true biscuit boys!

the flag would be a good idea i think but only after we see how the turn out is for Sheffield.

Azem
Back to top Go down
Rollinrollinrollin

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Azem, don't mind if I call you that, do you?

You sound like the kind of bloke who could carry a 15 stone jelly up a few flights.

My carer will sort you out for a few pints of warm piss and a Jester hat. or Rumblestix if you prefer.

What d'ya say?

I could call you my new friend. I don't have many that can walk........and talk.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:08 am

Rollinrollinrollin wrote:
Azem, don't mind if I call you that, do you?

You sound like the kind of bloke who could carry a 15 stone jelly up a few flights.

My carer will sort you out for a few pints of warm piss and a Jester hat. or Rumblestix if you prefer.

What d'ya say?

I could call you my new friend. I don't have many that can walk........and talk.

lol you put a smile on face lol yeah im sure we can sort something but the only problem is i went to ticket office today to move my seats for the game and they wouldn't let me only if im bringing mates along with me both me and my friend are season tickets holders but they said we need to bring mates with us for this to work?

did any of you guys have this problem if so how did you go about moving your seat. coz it wasted morning basically traveling from maidenhead but t be fair i ended up buying a key ring from the store and some dvds so i didn't really waste my time but i still need to move my seat

please help
Back to top Go down
Chris

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:24 pm

Azem wrote:
if this goes well and we get good reaction from it maybe we should organize the same thing for away days? a group of us going to away games doing exactly the same thing we plan to do on friday 10th Azem

Now that sounds like a good idea
but as you say, we'd need a good number for the sheffield game first to see if it'd actually work
Back to top Go down
Dan

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:48 am

Azem wrote:
lol you put a smile on face lol yeah im sure we can sort something but the only problem is i went to ticket office today to move my seats for the game and they wouldn't let me only if im bringing mates along with me both me and my friend are season tickets holders but they said we need to bring mates with us for this to work?

did any of you guys have this problem if so how did you go about moving your seat. coz it wasted morning basically traveling from maidenhead but t be fair i ended up buying a key ring from the store and some dvds so i didn't really waste my time but i still need to move my seat

please help

I had a bad feeling an obstacle would be put in our way by the ticket office. I think they have a policy in place where by they will only move your season ticket seat if you are buying a ticket for a friend in another part of the ground and wanting to sit next to them. Did you try explaining the reason for your move? Please give me the exact details (by OM or email if you prefer) and I'll see if I can contact STAR and the club about this.

I moved my seat and had no problems as I knew the chap in the ticket office, however he made it clear that usually you had to be moving next to a friend. Perhaps give them a call tomorrow and explain your friends have already bought tickets in GU1 and you would like to join them.

I would hope that the club would not want to put a stop to us moving to GU1!
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 6:08 am

Dan wrote:
Azem wrote:

please help

I had a bad feeling an obstacle would be put in our way by the ticket office. I think they have a policy in place where by they will only move your season ticket seat if you are buying a ticket for a friend in another part of the ground and wanting to sit next to them. Did you try explaining the reason for your move? Please give me the exact details (by OM or email if you prefer) and I'll see if I can contact STAR and the club about this.

I moved my seat and had no problems as I knew the chap in the ticket office, however he made it clear that usually you had to be moving next to a friend. Perhaps give them a call tomorrow and explain your friends have already bought tickets in GU1 and you would like to join them.

I would hope that the club would not want to put a stop to us moving to GU1!
My mate moved his seat on his own with no problem.
I moved and got a friend a seat. But i got a few more to come and they've moved fine.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:18 pm

basically Dan i went to the ticket off ice with my friend who is also i season ticket holder and just explained to the guy that i ma already i season ticket holder and would like to move to GU1 for the Sheffield utd game he the explained that i could only move if i was bringing a friend i then told the guy that my friend who is a season ticket holder is also wanting to move but he said the only way i could do it was to bring a friend that wasn't a season ticket holder!

ill give them a ring tomorrow t see if i can?

how much did it cost to move just a curios question

Azem
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Azem wrote:
basically Dan i went to the ticket off ice with my friend who is also i season ticket holder and just explained to the guy that i ma already i season ticket holder and would like to move to GU1 for the Sheffield utd game he the explained that i could only move if i was bringing a friend i then told the guy that my friend who is a season ticket holder is also wanting to move but he said the only way i could do it was to bring a friend that wasn't a season ticket holder!

Azem

Its very easy moving over the phone, thats how i arranged it. Just try to find another mate who is not a season ticket holder to come along.Under 21s its £1,over that and it is £3.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 5:02 pm

RoyalshowEd wrote:
Azem wrote:

Azem

Its very easy moving over the phone, thats how i arranged it. Just try to find another mate who is not a season ticket holder to come along.Under 21s its £1,over that and it is £3.

but did they ask you about a friend over the phone?

im gonna try do it monday lunch time if i can
Back to top Go down
Dan

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 am

So who will be using this evening's trip to the Mad Stad as the ideal time to visit the ticket office and get their seat moved upto GU1? We need more numbers to convince others to move!
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 am

Dan wrote:
So who will be using this evening's trip to the Mad Stad as the ideal time to visit the ticket office and get their seat moved upto GU1? We need more numbers to convince others to move!
My mates moving his seat tonite, so that'll be one more.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 11:27 am

Alex, try to persuade him to take the last seat on the back row. I'd like to think people won't leave gaps when booking their seats, sure you may be sat next to a stranger but it we're all in this together!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who's in then? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's in then?   Who's in then? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's in then?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biscuit Boys :: Come and join us in GU1-
Jump to: