Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Azem

Azem

ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!   ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!! EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Right lads today was the last straw for me!!!!

one word to describe it = S$$t

Everything was really S$$t the football the fans the ATMOSPHERE!!!

im basically writing a new topic on here because after reading Dan's statement about us maybe becoming an ultra group i have decided upon myself to become the first Ultra!!!
im not trying to be big headed when i say this but over the years i have gain a good knowledge about ultras and hooligans and what there purpose is??

underneath you will see paragraph basically summing up what an Ultra/Ultras are, just have a read to see if you are interested in starting an Ultra group!!! (i know i am)

Ultra groups are usually based around a core group (who tend to have executive control over the whole group), with smaller subgroups organized by location, friendship or political stance. Ultras tend to use various styles and sizes of banners and flags with the name and symbols of the group. Some ultra groups sell their own merchandise such as scarves, hats and jackets. The ultra culture is a mix of several supporting styles, such as scarf-waving and chanting. An ultra group can number from a handful of fans to hundreds, and often claim entire sections of a stadium for themselves.
The four core points of the ultra mentality are:
never stop singing or chanting during a game no matter what the result
never sit down during a game
attend as many games as possible (home and away), regardless of cost or distance
loyalty to the stand in which the group is located (also known as the Curva or Kop).
Ultra groups usually have a representative who liaises with the club owners on a regular basis, mostly regarding tickets, seat allocations and storage facilities. Some clubs provide the groups cheaper tickets, storage rooms for flags and banners, and early access to the stadium before games in order to prepare the displays. Some non-ultras have criticized these types of favoured relationship. Some spectators criticize ultras for never sitting during a game and for displaying banners and flags, which hinder the view of those sitting behind. Others criticize ultras for physical assaults or intimidation of non-ultra fans.

what happens on the day of a game

Before big games, most ultra groups choreograph a large display, (sometimes known as Tifo) for when the teams enter. Ranging in size, based on financial capabilities of the group, the tifo has been displayed just in the section of the stadium where the group is located or the entire stadium. Sometimes small sheets of plastic or paper are held aloft to form a pattern or to colour the stadium. Other materials used include balloons, streamers, huge banners, flares, smoke bombs, and more recently, giant dolls (as used by Sampdoria's ultras in 2002). Pop culture icons are often used on banners, such as Alex DeLarge (from the movie A Clockwork Orange), bulldogs, or Che Guevara. Galatasaray SK's ultrAslan use large lion figures around the stadium in reference to them considering the club to be the king of Turkish football teams with the team name coming from the word saray, meaning the palace of Galata. Corporate brand logos and catchphrases are also often used. The displays, which can be expensive to make, often take months to prepare.
Some ultra groups, particularly in Italy, have animosity toward so-called modern football, which refers to all-seater stadiums, more expensive tickets, matches being played at non-traditional times (particularly evening matches), players being bought and sold like merchandise, and the excessive commercialization of football in general. Banners stating "Contro Il Calcio Moderno" (Against modern football) or simply "No Al Calcio Moderno" (No to modern football) are commonly seen in Italian stadiums, and have also appeared in other parts of Europe. A common English language equivalent, seen on banners and flags in stadiums across the United Kingdom, is the phrase "Love Football, Hate Business".
Ultra groups tend to be highly vocal at matches, with each group having several football chants. The melodies are mostly taken from popular songs, such as "Guantanamera" and "7 Nation Army". Other popular songs, sung in their entirety include "Bella Ciao" and "ACAB (All Cops Are Bastards)." In most cases, a group leader, often using a megaphone, coordinates the various activities of the entire group, including chants, songs, and banner drops. Fanzines and websites play a big part in the ultra movement. As printing costs decrease and publishing software improves, fanzines have become increasingly more professional-looking.

Hooligans
Although ultra groups can become violent, the vast majority of games go ahead with no violent incidents. Unlike hooligan firms, whose main aim is to fight fans of other clubs, the main focus of ultras is to support their own team. Hooligans usually try to be inconspicuous when they travel; usually not wearing team colours, in order to avoid detection by the police. Ultras tend to be more conspicuous when they travel and like to arrive en masse, which allows the police to keep a close eye on their movements. When trouble involving ultras does break out, it usually takes the form of a political riot similar to the ones in Italy in the 1970s when the Carabinieri used the same tactics with the ultras as they did with the political activists.
However, there does appear to be a crossover in some countries between ultras and hooligans. In Italy, when English club Middlesbrough F.C. played a game against AS Roma in March 2006, three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed, that was blamed on Roma-supporting ultras. Roma-supporting ultras were also blamed for an incident related to the club's game against English club Manchester United in Rome in April 2007, which resulted in 11 Manchester fans and two Italian fans being taken to hospital. These specific incidents may be attributed to an anti-English mindset amongst some Roma fans that dates back to the 1984 European Cup final. Spanish authorities have been concerned about ultra-related violence against supporters of other clubs, such as the murder of a Real Sociedad fan.

basically lads that is an ultra summed up i have also stated about hooligans as well so that you can see the difference between the two[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
Still Standing

Still Standing

PostSubject: Re: ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!   ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 am

It sounds like a brilliant way to support your team.
I think football hooliganism isn't a problem any more
in England. In Italy. I would be up for it

Is the Kop at anfield a ultra group
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!   ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 12:55 pm

sort of i dont think they would class themselves as an ultra group but some people might
Back to top Go down
Captain Squawk

PostSubject: Re: ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!   ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 11:17 am

This might interest you.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBlnT04h7I
We could easily change the words to this, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Harpers nut sack

PostSubject: Re: ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!   ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 am

IN afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!   ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ULTRAS.....!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biscuit Boys :: Come and join us in GU1-
Jump to: