Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where do we go from here?

Go down 
+2
RoyalshowEd
Dan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan

Where do we go from here? Empty
PostSubject: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 1:53 am

It seemed quite clear that we were not welcome in the upper west stand. We knew full well that there was a prawn sandwich element to their support, but I didn't realise to what extreme. These punters are entitled to support their team however they want. Some made it quite clear we were too loud and boisterous for them.

All feedback we've had from the club via STAR has stated that the standing was not a problem, it was just the language used. I find this very frustrating as it used to be a working-class game and language was never an issue but this is clearly not the case anymore. In other parts of the ground our language would not have been a problem. I hope the club and STAR realise the language used in our chants was no stronger than that heard in any other football stadium in Britain.

What the club and STAR fail to realise is that at the time of us implementing this idea GU1 was the only option to get a group together as it had been empty for most part of the season and we really fealt we would not interfere too much with those already comatosed in the upper west stand.

So where do we go from here? Firstly once the weekend is out of the way I will be writing a detailed report of our experiment. This will be emailed to our contact in RFC customer services, STAR and the local media. I feel we were harshly treated by the club's stewards and their hands-on approach invaded my personal body space on numerous occasions. That is my main complaint. I will also be asking for a copy of the video captured of us in GU1. This was all filmed from the south stand and we all simply waved at him. I was told that this was unacceptable as we were 'gesturing' towards the camera. The Data Protection laws would backup our claim that we are all entitled to receive a copy of this video and other information the club hold on us individually. Once I have backed up this theory maybe we could request a copy, hold fire on that thought until I confirm a process.

I think we will put the Biscuit Boys to rest until the next season. Its clear the last two home games are almost sold out so we wouldn't be able to move to an empty part of the ground and sit together but keep the spirit and chants alive. I will be displaying my banner at the back of Y19 for both games to keep the word spreading.

Also I think we need to decide if in future we cooperate with the club and liase or become more of an Ultra group and do things our way. I like the idea of becomming an Ultra group but we do need to research this and truely discover what Ultras stand for.

Your views please..?
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:26 am

Agreed with your sentiments.

Back in February we choose GU1 due to it being completely empty and right up until the wednesday it was,so really they crashed our party instead of us crashing theirs. Back of the north Stand for me next season.

Also i think it is important to have the contact details of all 30/40 that got involved so that that everyone can be informed if we do it again, be it next season or in another 10.
Back to top Go down
Still Standing

Still Standing

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:57 am

I admired your approach on Saturday Dan.
You stood all game and fought your case
I like the other 40 so called "boisterous"
fans would be more than willing to this
every single game next season.

Were not boisterous we just like
supporting our team.

This time it was 40, next I reckon we could get
it all the way up to 100
Back to top Go down
emmergreenroyal

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:26 am

Well done all. New on this forum but have been tracking it for a while. Thoroughly enjoyed myself on Friday, despite the best effort of 'our club'.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Dan wrote:
It seemed quite clear that we were not welcome in the upper west stand. We knew full well that there was a prawn sandwich element to their support, but I didn't realise to what extreme. These punters are entitled to support their team however they want. Some made it quite clear we were too loud and boisterous for them.

All feedback we've had from the club via STAR has stated that the standing was not a problem, it was just the language used. I find this very frustrating as it used to be a working-class game and language was never an issue but this is clearly not the case anymore. In other parts of the ground our language would not have been a problem. I hope the club and STAR realise the language used in our chants was no stronger than that heard in any other football stadium in Britain.

What the club and STAR fail to realise is that at the time of us implementing this idea GU1 was the only option to get a group together as it had been empty for most part of the season and we really fealt we would not interfere too much with those already comatosed in the upper west stand.

So where do we go from here? Firstly once the weekend is out of the way I will be writing a detailed report of our experiment. This will be emailed to our contact in RFC customer services, STAR and the local media. I feel we were harshly treated by the club's stewards and their hands-on approach invaded my personal body space on numerous occasions. That is my main complaint. I will also be asking for a copy of the video captured of us in GU1. This was all filmed from the south stand and we all simply waved at him. I was told that this was unacceptable as we were 'gesturing' towards the camera. The Data Protection laws would backup our claim that we are all entitled to receive a copy of this video and other information the club hold on us individually. Once I have backed up this theory maybe we could request a copy, hold fire on that thought until I confirm a process.

I think we will put the Biscuit Boys to rest until the next season. Its clear the last two home games are almost sold out so we wouldn't be able to move to an empty part of the ground and sit together but keep the spirit and chants alive. I will be displaying my banner at the back of Y19 for both games to keep the word spreading.

Also I think we need to decide if in future we cooperate with the club and liase or become more of an Ultra group and do things our way. I like the idea of becomming an Ultra group but we do need to research this and truely discover what Ultras stand for.

Your views please..?

dan if you need help about setting up an ultra group i ma your man!!!! trust me i know all the information and also how to start it off!!!

this is just the start!!!
Back to top Go down
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 2:13 am

Just a quick update from me. I'm still working on my report on last Friday night. I apologise for the slow progress but I need to ensure this is fairly comprehensive. I should have this completed by Monday and will send it to both STAR and the club. Once they have received it I will ask to arrange a meeting to discuss the future of the Biscuit Boys and enquire if we have their full backing. If not we will go it alone and become more of an Ultra movement (this doesn't have anything to do with violence, please don't assume it does).

Recent discussion on here asks if we might have another meeting if we make the playoff semi-finals. I would imagine that the tickets will be released to season ticket holders first and the majority will take up their exisiting seat. This may make it harder to relocated the group to the North or East stand, and we all know the Upper West is a no no! Therefore I can't really forsee another Biscuit Boys gathering happening this season.

I will keep you all informed!
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 2:29 pm

Where do we go from here? 3149_78651325675_761455675_2421709_140826_n

I think anywhere along the top of the north,closer to the east stand then west would be good but it really depends on where the seats are.As a North stand season ticket holder i don't think it will be anything like the upper west in terms of attitude towards us so that should be a plus.It may even cascade downwards if we are lucky.I think it is important to have a good bit of distance between ourselves and the drummer though as he really is a berk.in terms of planning for the future i think we need to decide on a final location and make sure STAR are happy with it. Get a core nucleus of fans moved early on like with GU1( hopefully 90% of the GU1ers will not need too much persuading) and then heavy advertise through the summer.I think updating the website would also help in time, but its not really a priority at the moment.

Summer 2009.......THE RETURN OF THE NOISE.....
Back to top Go down
Still Standing

Still Standing

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Summer 2009.......THE RETURN OF THE NOISE.....
I don't remember it coming in the first place
that's the whole reason Dan set up this campaign
Back to top Go down
rfcmatt

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 pm

Can you post the report on here once your done?
Why do you reckon they were videoing in the firstplace?

Next season to be better,louder, and bigger Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do we go from here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biscuit Boys :: Come and join us in GU1-
Jump to: