Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official Club Song

Go down 
+6
RoyalshowEd
readingroyalscott
Alex
madreadingfan
Azem
Lovell 2-1 Wolves \'97
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovell 2-1 Wolves \'97

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:11 am

I know we've had failed attempts at this in the past (500 Miles, Sweet Caroline etc) but we really need a proper club song to be sung match after match if we are really gunna create a Kop like atmosphere!

So I'm gunna make a suggestion, which in fact was suggested to the Evening Post a few years ago:

YOU ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND - ELVIS PRESLEY

Its calm yet emotional, and can be sung with real pride!

What do we think???
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm

one word........PERFECT......but how could we translate with reading if that makes sense.....

but like i said .......PERFECT

count me in
Back to top Go down
madreadingfan

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:09 pm

naa i would prefer sweet caroline that would be amazing!!!

or if not
UB40- Im faling in love with you

that would be really good
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:16 pm

ooooohhhhhhh i dont know they are both very good songs..... i dont know but we deffo need a song that we can sing when the players come out and also after the match aswell
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:35 pm

ok i have decided that im going for UB40.......just looked at the lyrics and listened to it and i think it is the best choice......

wise men say - only fools rush in,
But i can't help falling in love with you.

Shall i stay - would it be a sin,
If i can't help falling in love with you.

as a river flows
gently to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be

Take my hand - take my whole life too,
For i can't help falling in love with you.

what do yuo think...?
i can imagine us singing it now!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lovell 2-1 Wolves \'97

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:57 am

Yeah I love the lyrics to UB40 and I could see us singing it but sorry if I'm being picky, but I don't think the music suits a terrace song, its too fast! If you look at You'll never walk alone, Delilah etc they are all slow which makes them work (as club songs).

Sorry I think it's gotta be You Were Always On My Mind!!!!

Like a Star @ heaven Maybe I didnt treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didnt love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Alex

Alex

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:45 am

Jona Lewie - Stop the Calvary

Oasis - Little by Little
Back to top Go down
readingroyalscott

readingroyalscott

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:09 pm

This song would suit the time of the season we are at

Europe - Final Countdown (chorus bit)
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Lovell 2-1 Wolves \'97 wrote:
Yeah I love the lyrics to UB40 and I could see us singing it but sorry if I'm being picky, but I don't think the music suits a terrace song, its too fast! If you look at You'll never walk alone, Delilah etc they are all slow which makes them work (as club songs).

Sorry I think it's gotta be You Were Always On My Mind!!!!

Like a Star @ heaven Maybe I didnt treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didnt love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind Like a Star @ heaven

i see where yourcoming from lol ok ok you got me always on my mind isit wat do you guys think????
Back to top Go down
RoyalshowEd

RoyalshowEd

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:55 pm

What about ashes by Embrace.
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:56 pm

RoyalshowEd wrote:
What about ashes by Embrace.

sorry mate cant say i know it but count me on for anything we really do need a club song e.g. YNWA and For ever blowing bubbls by west ham...we 200% need one
Back to top Go down
matt

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Don't think ashes would work - too fast to be sung by a football crowd. 'Always on my mind' gets my vote.

Although all of the songs mentioned that are sung by other teams have historic meaning. my point is that any song we pick must be meaningful for reading!

p.s how do you quote from another person? I'm new to this Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Azem

Azem

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:35 pm

lol all you got to do mate is just click on the quote button on the top right of the persons comment you want to quote...

are you moving to GU1 mate?
Back to top Go down
matt

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:47 am

Azem wrote:
lol all you got to do mate is just click on the quote button on the top right of the persons comment you want to quote...

are you moving to GU1 mate?

cheers mate. Yeh should be, the guy I normal go to games with isn't getting down to the next few, so might drag someone along from college. Will move my ST next week!!
Back to top Go down
Lovell 2-1 Wolves \'97

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 am

Cheers Matt and Azem!

Typically Sheff Utd will be the first and only home game I'm missing this season, so won't be joining GU1! But if someone could give Always on my mind or club songs in general a mention I'd be very grateful!

C'mon everyone else what do you think???
Back to top Go down
Still Standing

Still Standing

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 4:04 pm

three words
Oasis - Champagne Supernova
Back to top Go down
woodleyroyal

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:46 am

When i went to arsenal last season, they sung "You were always on my mind" BUT it was a terrible attempt Laughing much like their support anyway.

I think if you can get enough people doing it and the Club are informed then yeah i'm on it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
woodleyroyal

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwZmLglytk

I know it's a bit cheesy but maybe just sing the chorus. Might get some passion back into the support and it has something to do with the Club
Back to top Go down
JS28ZoD

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:14 am

woodleyroyal wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwZmLglytk

I know it's a bit cheesy but maybe just sing the chorus. Might get some passion back into the support and it has something to do with the Club

As much as I love this song, I would prefer Andy Williams "The impossible dream" to be our official song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytGkkWj30kg
It's such a powerful song, easily sung, and the words can relate to Reading FC's challenge to be a top prem team.

It would be a good idea for the club to play a load of the songs that we all like/have suggested during the pre match build up, if anything it would be an improvement on the usual dross.

If any of you see me singing the impossible dream with my Reading scarf proudly held above my head, feel free to join in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Official Club Song Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Club Song   Official Club Song Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Club Song
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biscuit Boys :: Come and join us in GU1-
Jump to: