Biscuit Boys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biscuit Boys

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dan

Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere Empty
PostSubject: Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere   Evolving the Madejski Stadium atmosphere EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 pm

The Southbank experience is what made me fall in love with football and in particular Reading Football Club. Afew thousand loyal and loud supporters huddled together spurring the team to hopeful victory with a wide array of encouraging, witty and entertaining chants. Even if the quality of football was poor, the Southbank hordes kept me coming back.

We all recognise that the vast majority of the time the Madejeski Stadium atmosphere is dull and uninspiring, however nobody has yet to make any lasting steps to evolve our support. Myself and a few like-minded people feel that its time for a change. So what can a small minority do to inspire thousands of lethargic supporters into ninety minutes of noise and enjoyment? I fully expect a few negative comments and the usual Hob Nob attitude towards 'atmosphere' postings. But we need to try something to encourage this stuttering team to promotion. Now I realise that Y25 already do a sterling effort in getting behind the team, also in Y19 where I sit and the north stand included sometimes combine and get quite animated. However a thirty second, half hearted rendition of 'Blue Army' may not have the desired effect, nor is it particularly enjoyable.

My feelings are that those of us who enjoy watching a game of football amongst an electrifying atmosphere need to congregate in one part of the stadium. Ideally getting a vocal contingent at the back of the north stand could have a Kop effect on the team when shooting towards it. Let me make it clear at this point I understand people may not be willing to move their seats and organising a mass migration of supporters would be impossible for the ticket office. However our small group have come up with a experiment and we would hope for a decent level of support on this. Please read on and I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

We have identified the Good Friday fixture with Sheffield United as the starting point. After looking at the online ticketing system it is clear that the block GU1 in the upper west is consistently unpopulated and would be the ideal location as any group that congregate their will be highly visible and hopefully be heard by the rest of the stadium. This may encourage others to follow and join the party.

I have taken the initial steps of contacting STAR and the club and have come up against no opposition and have their full backing on this motion. A few have already moved their seats to GU1 and the ticket office made this as pain free as possible, however they obviously charge the difference in price from where you usually sit.

This idea will not work if people do not commit to it, so if you have any interest in joining us or further question please comment. It would be easy for people to sit behind their computer and criticise or even make fun of us, however I can live the abuse. What we need is action and dedication to make a change.

Please come and join us in GU1. Thanks for your time!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biscuit Boys :: Come and join us in GU1-
Jump to: